This incredibly flexible recipe may be applied to berries, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries and assorted other soft fruits in the berry family. The results are outstanding. We preferred the vodka and brandy blend, though it's a matter of personal preference. Either works brilliantly.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr
Serves: 2 Cups
- 10 ounces raspberries, brambles, or any other berry
- 1 1/2 Cups vodka
- or, 1 Cup vodka and 1/2 Cup brandy
- 1/4 Cup sugar syrup *
- * Sugar syrup. 1 cup sugar boiled with 1/2 cup water till sugar is thoroughly dissolved. Be sure mixture is cooled before using.
- Add juice and berries to alcohol.
- Stir and steep one week. Strain.
- Crush berries through strainer and filter.
- Taste. Add sugar syrup as necessary.
- Many frozen fruits are already heavily pre-sugared.
- If using unsugared frozen fruits without syrup, treat them as fresh fruit but reduce the amount of water when making the sugar syrup because of the water content in the frozen fruit.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe