The original from Harry’s Bar in Venice uses simply a white peach puree, Prosecco, lemon juice and sugar. This modified version is “Americanized” by the use of Champagne and maraschino liqueur.
The Bellini is an Italian classic that is truly brunch worthy. This drink is fresh, fruity and light. Perfect for a brunch cocktail.
- 3 fluid ounces pureed peaches
- brut Champagne
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 dash maraschino liqueur to taste
- Puree ripe peaches in a blender and spoon into a large, chilled champagne flute.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and sweeten with maraschino liqueur.
- Fill with ice cold champagne.