The Aviation cocktail is a perfect blending of luxurious ingredients resulting in a first class drink. You probably didn’t know the first transatlantic flight took off from Queens, NY. in 1919. One sip and your heart takes flight. The lavender hue is truly romantic.
- 1 1/2 ounces dry gin (London or try Bols Genever)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon maraschino liqueur (Luxardo)
- 1/2 ounce créme de violette
- Shake with ice and strain into cocktail glass.
- Optionally, garnish with a cherry or candied violet (floating on top)