Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktail
- 2 ounces apple juice
- 1 ounce Calvados brandy or Applejack
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin purée
- 1 Tablespoon Champagne
- 1 Tablespoon Grenadine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine apple juice, brandy and pumpkin purée in a shaker.
- Shake; pour into champagne saucer or martini glass.
- Add champagne and grenadine; garnish with cinnamon stick.
Some commercial pumpkin pastes can be very sweet and have intense spice flavor. If you prefer your own, simply take a small pumpkin, known as a sugar pumpkin and cut it into quarters, unpeeled, but seeded and any strings removed. Sprinkle the pumpkin flesh with pumpkin pie spice (in a volume you prefer), along with some brown sugar (to taste). Roast in a baking pan at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Allow to cool thoroughly and scoop the flesh from the skin. Puree in a blender and sweeten or add spices to taste. You may also use this to make Pumpkin Liqueur or pumpkin desserts. It won't go to waste.