Apricot Liqueur III
Yet another in a series of delicious variations on Apricot Liqueur. Each liqueur has variable ways to produce equally delectable results.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 3 Cups
- 2 Cups smashed apricot pits
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 Cups vodka 100 proof
- 1 Cup sugar syrup (see recipe)
- Partly fill a cloth bag with the apricot pits (available at most health food stores). Smash with a hammer, keeping shells and meaty centers.
- Place smashed pits in a 1-quart container.
- Add cinnamon, coriander, and vodka.
- Store for 2 months in a cool dark place.
- Then filter through a cheesecloth lined strainer and discard fruit pits.
- Strain a few times until clear.
- Add sugar syrup and age for an additional 2 weeks.
- Recipe may require some fine-tuning and apricot extract can be added to offer additional flavoring.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe