Apricot Brandy Eggnog is a perfect comfort drink for the chilly holiday season, right through to 12th Night. Deliriously delightful.
Apricot Brandy Eggnog
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punch
- 12 egg yolks
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 2/3 Cups Apricot Brandy
- 2 Cups cold milk
- 2 Cups heavy cream, chipped
- In a large bowl, with and electric mixer at medium speed, beat the yolks until very light.
- Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Slowly pour in the brandy while beating constantly.
- Let rest about 10 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the milk.
- Refrigerate, covered, until very well chilled, at least 4 hours.
- We prefer to make it at least 1 day ahead to allow the flavors to meld.
- When ready to serve, pour the eggnog into a punch bowl.
- Beat the heavy cream and fold into the eggnog just until blended.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over the top.