Though iced tea is hardly the drink for cold weather, Apple Spiced Iced Tea makes an exception to the rule. Absolutely wonderful.
Apple Spiced Iced Tea
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Serves: 2 Quarts
- 2 medium sweettart apples
- 3/4 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 teabags of orange pekoe tea
- 1 water
- 1 ice
- Slice the apples into thin slices and remove the cores and seeds.
- Place 1/2 of the apple slices in a crockpot.
- Mix the cinnamon and the sugar until it is uniform in color, then sprinkle it over the apple slices in the crockpot.
- Add the teabags on top of the apples.
- Add water to cover, about 2 quarts.
- Turn crockpot on high for 3 hours.
- Fill large pitcher 1/2 full with ice.
- Top with remaining apple slices.
- Strain mixture from crockpot and pour over ice.
- Stir to mix.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.