The amazing pairing of apple and ginger are spiced up with a pinch of cayenne in this extraordinary punch. Apple Ginger is a treat. Serve warm or cold.
An interesting concoction, blending the sweetness of apple juice, with the tangy freshness of lemonade and aromatics of ginger and cayenne. Makes a great gift in autumn. Serve warm or cold.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 4 pounds apples
- 2 pounds granulated sugar
- 4 pounds lump sugar
- 3 lemons
- 2 ounces root ginger
- 1/2 teaspoonful cayenne pepper
- Peel and core the apples and quarter.
- Make syrup from 2 pounds granulated sugar in a quart of water.
- Let it boil, then pour over the apples.
- Let it stand for two days.
- Add 4 pounds of lump sugar, the rind and juice of the three lemons.
- Add the ginger (after bruising in a bag).
- Add the cayenne, let it all boil until the juice is clear.
- Simmer about one hour. Cool and transfer to sterile jars. Refrigerate.