Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Serves: 6 Cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kudzu powder
- 6 1/4 Cups apple cider; divided
- 4 3 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Combine kudzu powder and 1/4 cup apple cider, stirring well; set kudzu powder mixture aside.
- Combine remaining 6 cups apple cider and next 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring apple cider mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour apple cider mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding spices.
- Return liquid to Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Add kudzu powder mixture, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture is translucent.
- Serve hot.
The kudzu powder gives a silky smooth texture without a starchy taste.