Angelica is a sweet, flavorful plant often candied and used by bakers and pastry chefs for its unique flavor. It makes an exceptional syrup useful in flavoring cakes or beverages.
- 1 Tablespoon cloves, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 Tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon angelica seeds
- 4 small can angelica stalks, with leaves
- 4 pounds sugar
- Pound the angelica stalks and leaves on the bottom of a crock pot; add the seeds and spices and store in a cool place for two months.
- Boil the sugar in enough water to make a syrup; combine with spiced angelica; stir well and restrain; bottle for future use.