Unlike most almond liqueurs that simply attempt to replicate Amaretto, this one is based on cinnamon-spiced nuts found at cocktail parties. Its unique flavor combination affords a confection-like aftertaste that is well worth the trouble of making and consuming this liqueur.
It makes an extraordinary cocktail, adding just a hint of cinnamon and almond without overpowering the decoction.
- 3 ounces unsalted almonds , chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 Cups vodka
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar syrup (see recipe)
- Combine all ingredients and shake thoroughly. Let steep for two weeks.
- Filter and add more sugar if necessary.
- Let age for two more weeks and it will be ready to serve.