This recipe for Almond Liqueur is “Ersatz Amaretto”, or similar to Amaretto, providing an emulated flavor that comes so close to the original that it would be difficult to distinguish between the two.
With its sweet warmth, this liqueur makes a great drink on its own or adds greatly to many cocktail recipes and even many food recipes, particularly desserts. It is fantastic in cakes, dessert sauces, steamed puddings and a variety of other gastronomic treasures. Truly, a must-have liqueur in both the home bar or the kitchen. It will be equally useful in both.
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 2 1/2 Cups vodka
- 3 Tablespoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon glycerine (optional)
- Combine sugar and water in saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients and funnel into bottle(s).
- Let mature for at least one week before using (longer is probably better).