Almonds and cream… what comes to mind are delicious pastries, with almond paste and whipped cream. Indeed the effect of this liqueur is to bring that wonderful combination of flavors to your palate in a glass.
Not only does this make a wonderful drink on its own, but added to coffee, poured over ice cream or even used in making ice cream, it is perfection. And oh how you will love it added to chocolate when making your own candies.
- 1 can condensed milk sweetened
- 1 1/2 Cups whipping cream
- 1 Cup amaretto
- 2/3 Cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons almond extract
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Shake well before serving. SERVE CHILLED.
Don’t laugh too much, but we even tried this, quite successfully, when making Trout Almandine. We dipped the trout filets in this first, then flour, then again in the cream liqueur before dredging it in finely chopped almonds. Wow! Was that great!