Drinks made with ale are not common, but this one’s a treat. Definitely unusual.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 fluid ounce lemon juice
- 12 fluid ounces ale
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 fluid ounce Brandy
- In a saucepan over moderate heat, heat the lemon juice with 2 fluid ounces of the ale, the ginger, and the sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Beat the egg yolk into the brandy in a bowl.
- Beat the lemon juice mixture from the saucepan into the bowl with the egg, and beat together.
- Transfer to a beer mug. Add the rest of the ale, stir well, and serve.