A truly refreshing beverage from Mexico. Full of tangy, sweet lime. The perfect accompaniment to your taco dinner.
Agua Fresca de Limon (Lime Drink)
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- LIME DRINK
- 6 Cups cold water
- 1/2 Cup simple syrup; or
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large dark green limes
- Mix water with simple syrup in a large pitcher.
- Cut limes and put them into a cup with granulated sugar, allowing the sugar to absorb oils from the skin of the lime.
- After an hour, squeeze the limes into the syrup and water and mix the sugar in with a large spoon until dissolved.
- Pour into highball glasses with ice cubes.
- Garnish with sliced limes.