The Aegean Sunshine is an exceptional, refreshing drink. It’s refreshing, warming and bright, like the sunshine of the Greek Isles.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 6 ounces Metaxa brandy
- 3 ounces Cointreau
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons superfine sugar, plus more for rimming the glasses
- 2 orange slices, for garnish
- 1 lemon wedge for rimming glasses
- Rim martini glasses with a lemon wedge and dip the rim in superfine sugar coating the edge of each glass, about 1/4-inch down the glass. Chill the glasses in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium-sized pitcher, stir to combine the brandy, Cointreau, orange juice, lemon juice, and sugar. Superfine sugar dissolves quickly, but make sure to stir a few times so the sugar has a chance to completely dissolve.
- Earlier in the day, you can chill the cocktail mixture at this point to save time. Just cover your cocktail mixture with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place the cocktail mixture into a large cocktail shaker and fill with ice, shake until icy cold and pour into chilled martini glass. Repeat for second cocktail. Garnish each glass with a slice of orange.
- Serve icy cold.