An unusual method for making liqueur, it works to create an equally unusual version of Absinthe.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 1 ounce wormwood
- 1 ounce wormwood powder
- 1/4 ounce anise seed; crushed
- 1 bottle oil of anise seed; store bought
- 1/2 ounce fennel
- 2 pinches dill; for precursor oils
- 2 pinches parsley; for essential oils
- 1 750 ml bottle of Clear Spring 190; dilute before drinking
- Put everything in a medium to large French Press (for coffee usually).
- Let sit for a day. Then press repeatedly.
- After each press, shake or stir it up so its all free floating and not pressed down. Do this daily for 2 weeks.
- It should be a dark green color after the 2nd day.
- After 2 weeks, press it and filter. Pour it into a bottle.
- To serve, pour a half ounce into a glass with 2 teaspoons of sugar. Then pour water equal to amount poured or until desired.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe