The sleek, modern and speedy 20th Century Limited transversed the route between New York and Chicago. This drink is named for the famed conveyance. The train became an iconic symbol of the Art Deco period, and was the favorite mode of travel between Grand Central Station in New York City and LaSalle Street Station in Chicago. For 65 years it was considered the “world’s greatest train”, with impeccable service and superb bartenders mixing fabulous cocktails like this.
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces dry gin
- 3/4 fluid ounce creme de cacao
- 3/4 fluid ounce Lillet
- 1/2 fluid ounce lemon juice
- lemon peel
- Combine first four ingredients with ice and shake.
- Pour into a coupe or cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon peel.
- Serve immediately.