A really cool looking gelatin dessert that is full of flavor and excitement. Your guests will revel in your gastronomic skill, even though it is not a terribly complicated recipe.
|Strawberry Charlotte Russe|| |
- 1 commercial or homemade jelly roll
- 1 package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 Cup hot water
- 1 Cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 package frozen strawberries
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 Cup coarsely broken pecans
- A slick trick - a super dessert! Be ready to serve seconds - you'll have requests.
- Cut jelly roll into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange slices over bottom and around sides of oiled 2 1/2-quart mixing bowl. Dissolve gelatine in hot water.
- Add marshmallows and partially defrosted strawberries, stirring until marshmallows dissolve. Add lemon juice and chill until partially congealed. Beat until fluffy. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Blend in whipped cream and nuts. Pile mixture lightly into jelly roll-lined mold.
- Chill until firm. Unmold and serve.
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.