A superb sauce on game, veal, or some fish dishes, its rich, aromatic flavor fills the air with its warm, inviting scent. Perfume for the gourmand.
|Sauce a la Creme d'Ail (Garlic Cream Sauce)|| |
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup milk, skim or fat modified
- 1 Tablespoon strong stock (chicken)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cover garlic with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain and discard the water. Return the garlic cloves to the saucepan and add sliced mushrooms, milk, stock, parsley, nutmeg. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes then puree the mixture in a blender or food processor. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Good with grilled or roasted poultry.
- Makes 4 servings.