A classic of Irish cuisine, this simple lobster recipe is packed with powerful flavor and the wealth of Irish tradition. Cream, whiskey and lobster combine to create this treasured recipe.
|Dublin Lawyer|| |
- fresh lobster/about 2 1/2 pounds
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 150 ml cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- The lobster should be cut in two down the center. Remove all the meat from the lobster, including the claws.
- Place the shells in a roasting pan and place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes; retain the shell for serving.
- Cut the meat into chunks.
- Heat the butter until foaming and quickly saute the lobster chunks in it, until just cooked but not colored. Warm the whiskey slightly, then pour it over the lobster and set fire to it. Add the cream, mix with the pan juices, and taste for seasoning.
- Put back into the half shells and serve hot.
- Serve with traditional Irish vegetables or, if you're a bit more adventurous, try it with rice.