- 1 Tablespoon black or white sesame seed
- 1 large firm, ripe avocado
- 1 Tablespoon shredded pickled ginger
- 3 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar or
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar,mixed with
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder or prepared horseradish
- Potsticker Crisps:
- 12 round pot sticker skins
- Place sesame seed in a 7-8″ frying pan over medium-high heat. Shake pan often until seed begins to pop, 3-4 minutes. Pour from pan; set aside to cool. Peel and pit avacado; dice into a bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed, ginger, vinegar, and wasabi; mix gently. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining seed. Serve with potsticker crisps.
*** POTSTICKER CRISPS ***
One at a time, dip potsticker skins in water; shake off excess. Lay in a single layer on a greased 12 x 15 inch baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degrees F. oven until browned and crisp, 4-8 minutes, depending on thickness. Cool on racks. If made ahead, package airtight and store at room temperature up to 2 days. Per crisp: 39 calories; 1.8 grams protein; 0.1 grams fat; (0 grams saturated fat); 7.8 grams carbohydrates; 3.9 milligrams sodium; 0 milligrams cholesterol.