|Syrup for Hot or Cold Chocolate Drink|| |
Recipe type: Syrups
Author: Chief Mixologist
This is perfect for diabetics seeking a chocolate syrup for hot or cold milk treats.
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa
- artificial sweetener to equal 1/2 Cup sugar; plus 2 1/2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 Cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In saucepan, combine cocoa, artificial sweetener, sugar and water; mix well. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to boiling point. Stir in vanilla when cooled to below 140 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Store syrup in jar in refrigerator. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons, or less if desired, to skim milk allowance to make hot or cold chocolate. This cannot be used as a topping since it has a bitter taste before being mixed with milk.
- It does impart some bitterness when used in cocktails unless the drink also uses cream or milk.