Tastes kinda like orange creamsicle ice cream pops. This delicious shake is safe for young and old and may be adapted to more “adult” tastes. Seriously, a fun and fruity beverage that makes a wonderful treat in warmer weather.
The combination of orange and vanilla makes for a delightful pairing that pleases even the most finicky palate. We dropped a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream into ours in place of whipped cream, though either will do.
- 6 ounces ice cubes
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces yogurt, optionally, low fat
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop whipped cream, or frozen vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Crush ice in the blender till free of large lumps.
- Add orange juice and pulse until well blended. Add yogurt and vanilla. Pulse until fully blended.
- Pour into a large tumbler or pint glass. Optionally, top with whipped cream or frozen yogurt. Serve with a straw.